This workshop is devoted to one of the most difficult issue in fashion editorial shooting – working with two models.
This is all the details for the upcoming Editorial Fashion photography workshop.
Theme: Pictorial. Planning and realization. From the idea to the layout.
Composition: two models in the frame.
Meeting place: Palace des Congres (entrance corner rue Saint Antoine Ouest and rue du Bleury). Cafe Van Houte.
Day: Sunday, January 15th
Models: Male and Female
Description: We will be shooting two models. The main goal is to imagine and create a pictorial (a fiction style photo story).
For example: a meeting after a long separation, or declaration of love, or declaration of end of love, or just a walk in a magic forest.
I suggest the participants imagine a story in advance, find out the name of the story, and create a sketch of the future photos, marking vertical and horizontal frames. Keep in mind that vertical frames go in pairs. See the previous workshop.
The pictorial is supposed to contain approximately 5 magazine spreads.
– 1 spread: Introduction. The beginning of the story where the characters and the setting is revealed. 2 vertical or 1 horizontal portraits
– 2 spread : Rising Action. This is where the events in the story become complicated and the conflict in the story is revealed. For example, the conversation. ( 2 vertical )
– 3 spread: Climax. This is the highest point of interest and the turning point of the story. ( 1 horizontal )
– 4 spread: Falling action – The events and complications begin to resolve themselves. ( 2 vertical )
– 5 spread: Denouement. This is the final outcome or untangling of events in the story ( 1 horizontal )
– 12:00 meeting in the cafe Van Horn. Review of your sketches.
– 12:30 quick location scouting, finding the shooting points without the models. I would suggest that we divide in pairs to assist each other with the reflectors or external flashes.
– 13:00 Models arrive. The beginning of shootings.
– 14:30 the end of the shooting. Meeting in the cafe. If you have a laptop, you can bring it with you, download the photos, and we will do a quick review and picture selection.
The final pictorial you will create at home and send me for the review.
What to bring: camera, external flash, reflectors, the sketch and the name of your pictorial
Price: $60. You pay on the spot.
Please, register in advanced, the number of places is limited.
To register, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posted by Polina Fedorova
- On December 3, 2011
- 0 Comments