Sunday, February 3rd, 2019
1:30 pm – 4:00 pm
Join award-winning Toronto-based portrait photographer and educator, Polina Fedorova for a hands-on 2.5 hours workshop in a professional photography studio.
- Polina will guide you through the technical craft of portrait photography, and you’ll receive lots of personalized, 1-on-1 instruction from her during the workshop.
- Learn tips and techniques for capturing artistic portraits with only one source of daylight like a window through slide-illustrated lectures and field demos.
- Topics covered will include: suggested camera equipment and accessories, effective lighting techniques, mastering artistic compositions, working with a strong backlight, basics of HDR photography, exposure compensation
- Introduction, 15min.
Dynamic range and exposure compensation.
- Practice, 1h.
Shooting with a strong backlight. Using reflectors and flashes for dynamic range compression.
- Break, 5 min
- Practice, 1h
Creating an artistic portrait. Creating different portrait styles in one location.
- Review, 10 min
- You will get up to 10 different stunning photos which will take your portfolio to the next level.
- You will be working with a model and I will help to choose the appropriate shutter speed, aperture, and ISO
- You will be working with natural light indoors.
- You will learn basic setups, common mistakes, and professional tips
- We will start with basic poses and then will create a complicated artistic setup
- We will have a set of different designer dresses, jewelry for the close-ups, smoke machine, some props including an antique armchair
- You will have a chance to work with the model individually and create your own artistic portrait
- Posted by Polina Fedorova
- On December 10, 2018
- 0 Comments