Photography workshop “Studio Lighting”
Learn studio lighting: basic set-ups and configurations, equipment and techniques.
For Those Who
- want to know how to use SpeedLight
- want to buy in studio light and making a choice
- want to learn studio set-ups with studio lighting
Your Instructor for Studio Lighting
This time we invited an expert in the field: Sasha Onyshenko, portrait photographer. Photographer of Les Grands Ballets de Montreal.
Part I. Theory. 1.5h
- general overview of Speedlights, Moonlights, Power Packs
- Manual Mode vs TTL
- exposure and how to control it types of lighting
- regular flash vs studio lighting
- why you need a generator
- overview of market and manufactures
- hints and tips for those considering buying equipment
Part II. Demo Shoot With a Model. 1.5h.
- We will perform a demo shoot with a camera, connected to a monitor
- 3 lighting setups
- Finding exposure with light meter and with out
- Controlling Flash Power
- Controlling quality of light
- Multiple light sources and ratios
- Mixing Natural light with Strobes
May 7, 10:00-13:30
4035, St Ambroise, studio 215, Montreal
This is a workshop-lecture. No requirements.
You can bring your camera, although only the instructor will be shooting due to time.
If you have questions you want to ask, please email them in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org