Online Introductory photography course for beginners
2 hours of intensive study and you get all the basics.
For those who:
- just bought a digital camera
- has a DSLR but shoots only in AUTO
- had a camera for a while, watched and read some tutorials, but still has a lot of questions and wants to arrange the knowledge
- wants to upgrade the camera
- learn how to fully operate a modern digital camera
- understand the power locked into your camera in Manual mode
- learn the fundamentals of digital photography
- learn some secret professionals tricks
- get a handbook with notes on everything that the course covers.
Our photography course is designed to cover all the important topics, which are essential for a beginner. That’s why the course starts at daytime and finishes after the sunset. In addition a set of daytime exercises will be repeated at the end of the course to learn the differences of handling some important things in the darkness.
Every small theoretical block will be followed up with a few simple exercises which help to understand the topic and avoid the typical common mistakes.
We based this one-day course on our 3-day course for beginners. The teacher, Polina Fedorova is a professional photographer, producer, and former photo editor of life style magazines. Polina has been providing photography workshops and courses in Montreal since 2006.
Digital SLR Camera or Bridge Camera with fully manual controls. Please bring all your lenses and an external flashes if you have one.
A tripod will be fine but not mandatory.
Don’t have your own DSLR camera?
If you don’t have your own Digital SLR camera then there’s no need to worry. You can hire one of ours for $10 per day. Send us an email for more details.
The detailed list of covered topics:
- Camera’s menus and settings
- Essential functions and engineering of camera body and lens
- How to control your exposures by using the camera in fully manual mode
- Shutter speed and shutter priority
- How to capture sport and actions
- Aperture and depth of field, f-stops
- How to control and exploit depth of field
- Aperture priority
- Iso / shutter speed / digital noise
- Focus, focus modes, how to navigate around the focus points
- Manual Focus
- How to choose your lens, main groups of lenses
- Rule of thirds
Duration: 3 hours in total. Maximum 6 students in a group.
Gift certificates available. No age restrictions.
Please, book in advance, the number of places is limited.