All our courses are now online as private one-on-one lessons using the Zoom platform.
If you are unsure that online study suits you, we offer a FREE 15-min video chat with the teacher Polina Fedorova. She will explain how it works and answer all your questions.
- If you are a beginner, it will take 3-4 lessons to cover the course for beginners.
- If you are not a beginner we will customize the lessons to focus on your particular needs and interests in photography or post-production.
The rate is $60/hour + tax.
Please, email “firstname.lastname@example.org” to schedule your lesson.
Feel free to call me if you have any questions. (437) 980-5912
3-Day Photography Course for Beginners in Toronto
This course is addressed to those who shoot mainly on AUTO but wish to unleash the full potential of their camera.
- You will understand the power locked into your camera in MANUAL mode.
- You will discover what the functions actually do and when it is best to use them.
- You will learn the fundamentals of digital photography
- You will learn some secret professionals tricks
- You will get a handbook with notes on everything that the course covers
Find out what decades of feature development by the manufacturers have in store for you!
Our course is designed to cover all the important topics, which are essential for a beginner. That’s why we schedule at least one lesson at daytime on one lesson after the sunset. In addition, a set of daytime exercises will be repeated in the darkness to learn the difference of handling some essential things.
Every small theoretical block will be followed up with a few simple exercises which help to understand the topic and avoid the typical common mistakes.
The teacher, Polina Fedorova is a founder of the school. She works as a photographer for clients like ELLE, VOGUE, VANITY FAIR, and photo editor for several widely distributed Russian magazines(Mir, Afisha…). Polina has been teaching photography since 2006.
The course consists of three lessons(2 hours each):
- 1st lesson. Learn to control your camera in fully manual mode. Aperture, shutter speed, ISO. Their mutual relation. Using shutter speed to freeze or blur motion. Light meter. Homework: “Capturing Motions”
- 2nd lesson. Homework review. Understanding white balance. Basics of long exposure. Introduction to the tools of long exposure photography. Painting with light. Homework: “Setting custom white balance”.
- 3rd lesson. Types of lenses. Prime vs zoom. Focal length. Aperture and F-stops. Depth of field. Homework: “Using depth of field as a creative tool”.
Alternatively, you can take this course in a form of private lessons. In this case, we will schedule your lessons individually, the price will be $80 for the 1.5-hour session. Usually, we cover the course in 2 sessions.
Duration: 6 hours in total.
Maximum 6 students in a group. Gift certificates available. No age restrictions.
Digital camera with fully manual controls. Please bring all your lenses and external flashes if you have one. A tripod will be fine but not mandatory.
Don’t have your own camera?
There’s no need to worry. You can hire one of ours for $10 per day.
If you are not available during the scheduled times, or you are not able to attend one of the sessions, don’t hesitate to contact us. Our groups are small, and we have some level of flexibility.