Enter our Monthly give-away contest now!
Win a Free Photography Course. Value of $120 CAD
Check our new classes:
Photography for Moms
Photography course for beginners
This course is addressed to those who use their DSLR camera mainly on AUTO but wish to unleash the full potential of their camera.
- You will understand the power locked into your camera in manual mode.
- You will discover what the functions actually do and when it is best to use them.
Find out what decades of feature development by the manufacturers have in store for you!
Duration: 6 hours in total.
Maximum 6 students in a group.
Gift certificates available.
No age restrictions.
4035 St-Ambroise #211, Montreal, QC, H4C2E1
The schedule is built to have at least one daytime lesson and one evening-time lesson. Studying during daylight and in darkness is an essential part of the beginners course.
|Sunday, January 19||14:00 – 16:00|
|Sunday, January 26||14:00 – 16:00|
|Sunday, February 2||18:00 – 20:00|
|Monday, January 13||18:00 – 20:00|
|Monday, January 20||18:00 – 20:00|
|Sunday, January 26||12:00 – 14:00|
|Sunday, December 1||12:00 – 14:00|
|Sunday, December 8||18:00 – 20:00|
|Sunday, December 15||12:00 – 14:00|
|Monday, December 2||18:00 – 20:00|
|Monday, December 9||18:00 – 20:00|
|Sunday, December 15||14:00 – 16:00|
If you are not available during the scheduled times, or you are not able to attend one of the sessions, don’t hesitate to contact me. Our groups are small, and I have some level of flexibility.
The course consists of three lessons(2 hours each):
- 1st lesson – Introduction. Aperture, shutter speed, ISO. Their mutual relation. Depth of field. White balance. Theory and practice. Home work.
- 2nd lesson – Evening time. Homework review. Long exposure. Theory and practice. Light brush. Painting with light. Speed light usage. Working with built-in flash and with external flash.
- 3rd lesson – Day time. Composition. Theory and practice. Exposure compensation. Usage of reflectors. Usage of flash in daylight.
Alternatively, you can take this course in a form of one-on-one study. In this case we will schedule your lessons individually, the price will be $30/hour.
If you prefer one-to-one study, you can have private lessons.
If you want to take the course in form of one-to-one lessons, contact me, and we will schedule your study individually.
As soon as you have the basics skills and able to handle your camera in Manual mode, you are welcome to join my regular photography workshops.
Requirements for students:
You must have a DSLR camera or at least a camera with full MANUAL control.
If you don’t have a camera you can rent one in our school. Please, contact us in advance to reserve the camera.
An external flash unit is not mandatory, but would be nice.